Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Last 2 weeks, I had a life that I had never been through for being a student for 16 years. Stress was coming freely on its way, without considering the load that I can take, making my eyes wide awake every hour of the day and my stomach resist all the things inserted to it. It was just so empty…

As to make my life more meaningful, I had hell lot of plans for my holidays which had started last Thursday (for my last paper was on that day). In my mind, I had the overall, rough planning about the activities. Here is how it goes:

Exercise – Jogging, fitness training, kicks and movements of Taekwondo, demonstration skills.

Piano – practice more, do research on certain composers, improvise songs.

Reading – read more magazines and newspapers.

Cooking – try out new recipes, cook healthy meals for family.

Sounds cool, right? However, I had successfully achieved one only, while the others are just for decoration and to make myself think that I am very busy.

I just can’t pull myself out of bed for these few mornings; I wish I could stay in bed longer for I had not enough sleep and rest for the past semester. The biggest problem now is that I have more input than output, where I’ll snack a lot and exercise very little. All the exercise I have is just during my taekwondo training sessions. How on earth am I going to be fit enough to get back into the ring to fight?

Next, will be my piano. I chose a number of songs, which are meant for research and also to expand my repertoire. Song improvisation is more for entertainment purpose, letting me play the piano but not playing classical music. That would be a very fun and experimental thingy. Still, it is not fully achieved yet for I am not at home always.

Picking up reading as part of my holiday activity is quite appropriate. Somehow, I don’t feel like reading fiction for the time being (maybe I will when I am fully settle down for my holidays). I was in the book store with my mum the other day; I picked up a magazine which is full of Chinese words. That magazine dragged me down the drain, causing me to stop reading. Against all odds, I was smart enough to get another two copies of Readers’ Digest, and I am going to start with it later.

Of course, other than personal hobbies, I enjoyed being in the kitchen with my lovely mum, trying out new recipes of our own creation. Although it may not be as delicious as we imagined but we indulge ourselves in the process. Avoidance of oily and salty food is a must in our recipe, for we want a healthy diet.

All in all, I am really happy that I can stay home alone when my parents are out to work and my brother off to school, for I can spend all the time I have doing the things I want to do. When my family members are back, it will be time to chill out with them, gaining some knowledge out of our small but meaningful conversation.

1 comment:

timbergurl said...

everybody deserves a break~ call me out yumcha the coming week k. and ask chooi along.